San Diego Comic Con

 Where Did I Go Just Now?


    Oh man, it's late July 2023 and I just finished San Diego Comic-Con. Yes, that Comic Con! What a rush that was, it's basically a universe of its own. It was intense for how big it was, how many people were there, the energy these people had (Saturday-level energy all day every day), and how many sales I made. This is one of the biggest cons and I don't have the number for this year but there was a lot. I sold out of so many products that I will be quite busy for the past couple of days just restocking and recovering. 



This was my booth for Comic-Con in the Artist Alley, just 4" to my name but I made it work! I need a moment to brag. I have only been committed to art for only 2 years. Yes, I have been doing art for years but nothing that was committed and was like a roller coaster with my ups and downs. I also have been doing art professionally for 2 years and I'm extremely proud to have made it to Comic Con in such a short amount of time in my art career. I worked very hard to get here and pushed myself. I also had a lot of support from friends, family, and other supporters. I couldn't have done it without them. 

My booth mate to the left of me (left of my booth in the pic) had such beautiful work. Check out their IG here @sanglamart they inspired me so much. I really want to get back into landscape illustration pics but with a story. I have a few ideas brewing but right now I have a lot that I would like to work on before I get to those illustrations. 

Now time for the hard ADHD truth for this blog entry. I feel so overwhelmed right now. With my to-do list of art that I have been wanting to do, the cons I need to get ready for, and when I finished up a commission for a D&D group. 




I just finished this piece for someone and though I really enjoyed doing it, it was just a lot and came at a bad time. Mostly cause it's con season and I was trying to finish other pieces. It took me longer to finish than I really want to admit. Mostly cause it was 6 characters I had to draw and juggle Con preparations. Now that it is done I'm going to focus on my list of pieces that I need to work on. Need as in these ideas came first and I want them to take priority before my ADHD takes over and loses interest in these pieces. I hate it when I do that because I had the drive to do these pieces in the first place and things just got in the way. That's the way it goes but it's not fun.

It kills to be overwhelmed by something you really enjoy, like drawing. All I can do is take it one step at a time!


Current Goals

My current goals right now are: to do a majority of my to-draw list, update my Etsy, get inventory done for the next con, upcycle my old prints, start planning what prints will be going forwards into the next year, and finish some classes. 



What's Next?

What's next for me in August is I have 2 conventions: Cosplay World in Virginia and Colorado Springs Comic Con. I will be also taking a vacation in Virginia and will be gone August 2-14th. Then it's back to the Conventions!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog